Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How I came up with the blog name...

You must be wondering how the blog's name Crazy Old Goat Jugaad came about. It's actually three parts:

Old Goat, because most of my climbing friends in India are in their twenties. Papa Goat Franco is the only other climber I've climbed with older than me, and he was born in 1950!


Crazy, because I'm free/trad climbing routes in the Sahyadris that might have been aided. No, I don't climb that hard, it's just that they are aiding pretty moderate stuff here. Hey, it's their style!


Jugaad is a Hindi word that means to make do with what you have, or better yet, make things up as you go, so as to get the job done. Of course, this part is a little tongue-n-cheek, because most of you who climb with me know that I'm a stickler for safety and don't leave too much to ... well, you know ... jugaad!  I can hear those young-uns snickering in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment